Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Love my Daughters!

God blessed us with three wonderful daughters!  I know that life was not always easy for my husband with three girls in the house plus myself. I am sure that he wonders what God was thinking!  Or that this was some kind of joke.  Although I know Shawn wanted a boy at one point in time (that is how we ended up with our last daughter), I am not sure if he even thinks about it now.  He may just be content with it. 

When I think back to when I was a young mother and getting ready to have our first child, a part of me wanted a boy, but that feeling subsided soon. When I looked at the face of our beautiful daughters at the time of each birth I started to realize that there was a purpose in this for me.  I still may not know what that is...but I would not change it for the world.

There have been times when I get that look from people when asked about my children.  When I say, "Yes, I have all daughters.", It is kind of like a deer caught in headlights look.  As if it may be some type of curse or affliction, or as if they feel sorry for me.  I really want to laugh every time. Some will say, "Oh, that must be fun." or "Your poor husband."    So to respond to that I must say. YES! It is always fun, and to be quite honest my poor husband loves having daughters. It takes a special kind of man to have lived in this house with all this estrogen! :)

To add even more enjoyment to the story our oldest daughter and our son-in-law blessed us with a baby girl.  So as the girl saga continues, we will continue to raise amazing women who are sure and strong, who are kind and gentle, and love this beautiful life that God has given us.

So here is my question.  Mothers of only daughters?  Mothers of only sons? How do you feel about that?


Just here for the tutorials? Click here for the no sew halter or here for tie dye.

No comments:

Post a Comment